Administration / Finance Assistant
Ferndale Garden Centre, S18 3BJ
Permanent. 37.5 hours .
Admin / finance assistant required to work in a busy small office covering a wide range of varied duties
Ferndale Garden Centre is a long established, busy, family run business with an excellent reputation for expertise, high quality and great service. We purchase from the best suppliers of plants and products to suit our customer types. We offer the best gardening advice in the area and take a lot of enquires from customers regarding products and plants.
Ferndale Garden Centre has a good reputation within our industry having won several awards for excellence. Recently Ferndale Garden Centre was a finalist in the Action Coach BizX Best Retailer Awards.
Ferndale employs approximately 50 people.
About this Role
The Key Duties for this role include
- Telephone reception duties – answering customer and supplier queries.
- Purchase Ledger: delivery note & invoice matching and entry using Intuit Quick Books
- Loyalty Card administration
- Website administration assistance.
- Banking & till balancing.
- Supporting the Company Secretary/Director with other office duties.
- Other Ad Hoc administration activities
- AAT / basic bookkeeping qualifications preferred
- Personable and friendly personality with a good ability to communicate verbally and written.
- Computer literate using MS Office packages. Experience of Quick Books could be an advantage but not essential.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to meet routine deadlines & targets
- Ability to work both as part of a team & be self-directed
- The successful applicant will work as part of a small team in a small busy office and also as part of the overall garden centre team.
Please EMAIL ONLY only with a letter of application including current salary and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org