DO YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR HEALTH AND THE ENVIRONMENT?
Many of us are feeling overwhelmed and powerless to make a difference, especially if your are a garden lover. Growing for Health Talk is a must for you.
Qualified nutritionist & horticulturist Liz Hutson, has been researching the link between health, long life and gardening for many years. Liz will be hosting a talk for us at Ferndale Garden Centre on 30th March from 7.30. During the evening you will hear how you can take simple steps to support your health, your families health and the planet. Liz will be presenting for two hours with a break for refreshments around half way through.
Some topics covered:
- Why plants and gardening are a key part of the lifestyle of some of the longest living people on the planet
- Benefits for mental and physical health – including many you may not be aware of
- Which plants have the highest nutritional content and how to maximise this when buying or growing these
- Why good soil health is so critical and advice on how to nurture it
- Practical tips if you are short on time, space, money or expertise
- Using plants to benefit wildlife and help mitigate climate change
- How plants improve indoor air quality and why this is so vital
- How to get these benefits EVEN if you don’t have a garden
Tickets are £5 & all the proceeds are being donated for the Greenfingers Charity, who build & plant family-friendly gardens for children’s hospices all over the UK. Locally, Bluebell Wood has had three gardens built & extended over the past few years by The Greenfingers Charity.
The ideas & products recommended will be available on the night.
Come & join us.
Please note: Spaces are limited and we are expecting this event to fill up quickly, so please book early to avoid disappointment.